I used to love that show "Kid's say the Darndest Things" that was hosted by Bill Cosby. I always wondered if any of the comments were staged. Now I know...probably not. I can't believe how many funny sentences come out of Alex and Brennan. Chad and I have been keeping a log of some of the funniest quotes. Alex's latest quote came when Chad picked him up from PSR (Sunday school...or CCD for us Catholic old-timers...ha) this past Sunday. Alex got himself strapped into his seat belt and Chad asked him...."Hey buddy, what did you guys talk about today?" Alex answered...."GOD!, FOR LIKE THE 29 MILLIONTH TIME! ALL WE EVER TALK ABOUT IS GOD!" So funny! I guess he's a little sick of Chad asking him.
Brennan is exploring the art of negotiation. The other day Chad was taking him upstairs and Brennan suggested eating 1 chocolate chip before nap time. Chad said..."No...it's nap time." So Brennan said..."Ok....2 chocolate chips." Chad said "No...it's nap time." So Brennan, acting exasperated...like he's finally giving in, said "fine...all of them!" Apparently, he needs a little more negotiating practice.
Here's a great Alex quote from last month:
I asked Alex if he'd seen Brennan's missing milk cup and he said, "NO, but I can say Constantinople and Timbuktu!"
You might recognize that from Dr. Seuss's "Hop On Pop." Totally off subject, but speaking of Dr. Seuss...it was his birthday on March 2nd...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! In honor of his birthday Alex's Pre-K class celebrated by having all the kids wear a hat to school...Alex chose his knight helmet.
Sometimes, like in the Dr. Seuss case, we know where he gets the funny lines. Then other times we have no clue...like the other day when he was playing dinosaurs and told Coco..."this is no place for a lady!"
I'm looking over a list of past Alex Quotes and I just came across one that I have to share. It's from February 2007:
"I'm going downstairs to practice my music for when I sing at Mama's funeral. I'm going to sing Hakuna Matata." (as he walks downstairs to the piano with some sheet music)
I plan to post some of the funniest quotes from our ever growing list every month. I hope you enjoy them...