Ooo Baby Baby It's a Wild World...the life and times of Michelle, Chad, Alex, Brennan, and Cosette!

Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Winter Wonderland...

Quite a snowy weekend we've been having! Chad left us Friday morning to go skiing at Holiday Valley in New York. Talk about a great weekend for skiing...so much snow so little time. Especially since the normally 3ish hour trip took twice as long!

Yea...that's my man! Isn't he dreamy???!!!


The weekend flew by for him (literally...he skis really fast)...but he was most enamored with the bar made of snow at the bottom of Yodeler run.










You may be wondering how the rest of us faired...well...the weekend didn't go by so quickly back at the homestead. Friday night was quite possibly the most difficult bedtime to date. Of course, it doesn't help matters when Cosette has a double ear infection and is undergoing breathing treatments...that take forever! It also probably didn't help that I was ridiculously over ambitious with our dessert after dinner. I melted chocolate and marshmallows so that we could dip graham crackers into the gooey deliciousness...total Melting Pot restaurant inspiration...so scrumptious, but I would rethink that decision after experiencing a mad sugar high that prolonged the bedtime routine by an hour! Saturday night Alex had a little accident in his undies when he got out of bed to pee at 12:00 am (he thinks it's hilarious when I call underwear "undies"). He came down to the basement (where I was blissfully eating a chocolate bar I found that actually contains no soy or milk products, and finally getting to watch Victor Victoria) to inform me of this incident. Since it was so late/early (depending on your point of view) he threw a MAJOR tantrum (you thought those ended after the terrible two's...ha) when I suggested he put on his dinosaur jammie bottoms because the truck bottoms smelled like pee. Well, apparently it is inconceivable to wear tops and bottoms that don't match! I normally might have given in to the madness since Chad would be home to change the sheets...ha...but there was NO way that I was getting up on that top bunk to change his sheets Sunday morning. He ended up falling asleep in his underwear with just the truck top. I felt so bad that I ended up washing and drying his jammie bottoms that night. Let's face it...there's always laundry to be done anyway.

Our days were filled with excitement as well. Brennan had a blast using his digger in one of our larger potted plants. He loves to cart the dirt-carrying digger across the family room to dump it into the seat of his beloved ride-on fire truck, creating a potting soil path. Vacuum #1. Later that day, Alex decided to ride the newly dirt-free fire truck through the kitchen strategically smashing all the Joe's O's that Coco was throwing on the floor from her high chair. Vacuum #2. On Sunday Brennan got in the pantry and poured all of Coco's rice cereal into a bowl...his favorite thing to do...then dumped the cereal all over the kitchen floor in order to sweep it up with his broom. I came downstairs into the kitchen, as Alex was ranting that "...Brennan did the worst thing ever!," and Brennan had the biggest smile on his face and told me joyfully..."...I'm cleaning up Mama, cleaning up baby cereal." Vacuum #3. If you've read my previous blogs you know we just adopted the "knob off pantry door" baby proofing technique. What I'm figuring out, after many episodes since, is that apparently you have to close the doors in order for the system to work.

So Chad finally came home (when I actually got all 3 kids to nap at the same time) after what seemed like a week ...only to go outside for several hours to shovel the snow out of the driveway. Fortunately it was sooooo beautiful outside that the boys could go outside and play at last!

My little stud muffins!



Alex thought eating snow was the coolest (pun intended)...


...and enjoyed licking ice off the windows.

A very competitive snowball fight ensued between Alex and our neighbor, Adam...



...as you can see...Adam is a little more experienced in the snowball making department.

Brennan likes to be outside with the boys...but is still deciding if he's a true snow fan.






Where'd everybody go?

They loved the snow...but I can tell that Alex is excited for spring, as are the rest of us. When he woke up on Sunday he exclaimed..." Mama, I think spring is coming...I could hear cardinals singing when I woke up!" Here's to wishful thinking!!!