Ooo Baby Baby It's a Wild World...the life and times of Michelle, Chad, Alex, Brennan, and Cosette!

Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Long ago...and oh so far away....

Ok...so I'm writing a little addendum to my 10 Month post concerning The House at Pooh Corner book. While the thought of having a cool inheritance is very nostalgic...I unfortunately forgot to do the math. Unless my Great Grandma and Grandpa Lake gifted a book about Pooh (and inscribed it from Mother and Daddy) to my Grandpa while he was serving in World War II during his 20's...well...you see where I'm going with this. I must be mistaken as to whom the book originally belonged. My guess is maybe Uncle Jim? Feel free to leave comments if you have answers or just want to make fun of me!

I apparently don't put much thought into dates. I was showing off a picture of our old street to my dad and telling him that it was taken in 1750 (or something)...after all, the date was written on the bottom of the photo. I thought it was really cool...I even framed it! He thought it was very interesting...especially since photography was not invented...nor were the street lights, asphalt, etc. in the picture. Also, he pointed out that most people were living in wegiwas/wigwams or log cabins in Ohio during that time (which I now know since I just finished reading an epic novel based on the life of Tecumseh...ha). He quickly deduced that it was an address of the nearest house in the picture...and has been making fun of me ever since...especially since I still have it framed and hanging on my wall!