When we arrived, after a long...puke-filled 13 hr. road trip (note to self for next trip... - don't give kids milk during the curvy drive through West Virginia) , we went straight to the beach! The kids jumped right in the ocean...fully clothed!
I literally took some 233 photos so I placed some of my favs on this little slide show:
Cosette insisted on holding our hands and walking back and forth through the water while we were at the beach. Doesn't she look happy in this pic?...so cute! However, if we did not comply with her demands she was an absolute screaming banshee!...not so cute...
This is our hilarious attempt at a family photograph! Seriously...this is why we go to Target and spend $7.99 for an entire package as opposed to spending hundreds at a "real" studio. Ridiculously impossible for all of us to simultaneously look at the camera and smile...
Here are some of my favorite beach shots:

I must have at least 6 pictures of her toes in the sand...she would not stand still...constantly walking...so this one is the least blurry. I love sandy toes!

My favorite pic of the Herzog family!
Here are 2 views of the lighthouse at Harbor Town in Sea Pines. The sky was dazzling...especially when it turned bright orange!

We have a very busy month ahead! Today is Alex's first day of school - riding the bus!!! This weekend we are going to the Lake (last summer hurrah!) and next week Brennan starts Pre-school. Also, I'm now singing with a new band, Rick and the Cutting Edge...wedding receptions/private parties, and we are booked every Saturday and most Fridays of September. I'm looking forward to the off chance I'll end up singing in a wedding ceremony and reception for the same bride...ha! Many happenings for us, so hopefully I'll keep the blog up to date for a change!


