Ooo Baby Baby It's a Wild World...the life and times of Michelle, Chad, Alex, Brennan, and Cosette!

Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Summer days drifting away...

We are in the midst of our busiest summer to date! Between summer camp for the boys, Alex's T-ball games, my shows/rehearsals, and all our weekend trips/outings, I'm finding it hard to breathe, let alone blog. So this post encompasses the 2 major trips during the last 3 weeks of our craziness. I have taken so many pics these past weeks that I stole an idea from a friend's blog and just did a little slide show of Cedar Point and the Lake... otherwise I think this post might have spanned the entire length of the page! I do want to make the comment though that it's annoying when the big black ad for slide.com pops up during the slide show...just click the x (sometimes twice) in the upper right hand corner to get back to viewing the show.

This first picture is from Cedar Point...the boys were mesmerized by the Snoopy canoe! Snoopy Land was pretty cool. They both rode "real" roller coasters, tons of other rides, and we even saw a show, Snoopy on Ice. During past "adult" trips, Chad and I never really noticed that Cedar Point does a great job of catering to kids...I was a bit surprised that we ran out of time! I was very impressed with the rating system for each ride. There is a thrill level indicated on each ride instantly making it obvious whether or not it's appropriate for your child. Crafty!




This was the last ride of the day. Chad, Alex, and Brennan occupy the top blue car of this ginormous Ferris Wheel.


This past weekend we traveled to Celina, Ohio for the 2008 Celina Lake Festival. My parents and all of my dad's siblings have cottages there, and recently my mom's oldest brother bought a cottage there as well, so it's worth the drive to see that much family in one place!




I think this picture sums up how Alex feels about visiting the Lake!

We have a couple of weeks to spend at home until we go on our 1st big family vacation to Hilton Head with Chad's sister Dani and her family, and my cousin Emilie and her family. Then we have one more mini vacation planned ...our annual end of summer trip to the Lake. Hopefully having all this to look forward to will make the summer seem a little longer!