Ooo Baby Baby It's a Wild World...the life and times of Michelle, Chad, Alex, Brennan, and Cosette!

Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cantina Band - Star Wars

Alex's first concert!  Half of the 1st graders packed onto the stage and sang various songs.  Alex was one of 5 students performing a solo on the piano:


Here is a video I captured of Alex performing his piano solo - "Cantina Band".  Please excuse the excessive shaking of the camera while Alex is taking his bow.  Coco was pulling my arm saying "Let me see Alex...me see Alex!"....because clearly it is easier to see Alex through the lens of the camera than by looking at the huge High School Auditorium stage where he is front and center!




...dancing an Irish jig!

It was very exciting to see Alex perform in front of so many people! I was very impressed with his choral skills!   Those months of coming with me while I directed the Children's Choir at St. Chris paid off! He kept his eyes on the Music Director at all times! Gooooo Alex....Superstar!

As a side note:  "5 Finger Star Wars" - arranged for piano by Tom Gerou is fabulous for beginning piano students.  I ordered mine from Borders.com - free shipping to the store - opps...I mean...the Easter Bunny brought it.  Alex loves it because it is fairly easy ...he can pretty much open up any page and play...just needs a little help with the rhythm....and it's Star Wars!