Ooo Baby Baby It's a Wild World...the life and times of Michelle, Chad, Alex, Brennan, and Cosette!

Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

We're gonna scream until we're satisfied...

I really don't think the video needs much explanation...other than the fact that normally yelling is not involved in this bedtime routine we call "chilly dogs!"

...so I'll move right on to recapping Brennan's park escapade from this past week.

On Tuesday after picking up Brennan from school we went to the park to play. We've been playing at this perfect little park down the street from our house. It has a little hill, a pond full of turtles and frogs, a gorgeous nature trail through the woods, and a playground constructed specifically for 2-5 yr. olds...how perfect! On this particular day there were some other kids there and the other mom and I got to talking whilst sipping our coffee...when we heard our 2 yr. olds yelling at each other. I look over and Brennan and this kid are literally in a fist fight. As we are running to them Brennan starts screaming and crying and I notice he's bleeding. The kid had scratched him across his face (which you may have noticed from the video). He settles down and of course the mom is apologizing...after all her son has just turned 2 and doesn't really know any better...apparently he also bites a lot...I totally understand. So after that little incident we really don't talk anymore and I take the kids to the pond. We have a little snack after watching minnows, and then they want to run up and down the hill ...which I think is crazy...but they think it's the most fun! I spy the little 2 yr. old heading up the hill as well, and I'm keeping a close eye on Brennan. I'm ready to break into a run at any moment when suddenly Brennan takes off running ...like ludicrous speed down the hill glancing back every couple feet to check on his pursuer. The little kid is screaming with arms flailing and running after Brennan...and I'm running toward them thinking...I know I didn't see Brennan hit him! When the other mom and I finally get to the scene we see that Brennan has the kid's pacifier in his hand. He had apparently plucked it out of the boy's mouth and took off running down the hill...REVENGE! Of course, now it's my turn to do the apologizing...and I'm secreting dying of laughter inside. Oh...I have a feeling there will be many more apologies coming from me!

Speaking of laughter...Alex cracked me up the other day...and here is the dialogue:

Alex: "Look Mama, look at my rad surf moves!"
Me: "Wow Alex, those are pretty rad! Maybe you could learn how to surf sometime!"
Alex: "Yeah, Uncle Matt will teach me!"
Me: "Oh...you think Uncle Matt is a good surfer?"
Alex: "Yeah, because he says "dude" all the time!"


until next time...