Ooo Baby Baby It's a Wild World...the life and times of Michelle, Chad, Alex, Brennan, and Cosette!

Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Give a little bit...

To start the New Year off with a bang I decided the time had come to donate my (extremely) long mane to Locks of Love, where they make wigs for financially disadvantaged children with long-term medical hair loss! I made an appointment with my long lost friend and Fashionista Rebecca Yanak at Equinox in North Olmsted. She does donation cuts for free if you send the hair and $ (cost of the cut) in as a donation.

We took some "before" shots...

She let me cut off the first ponytail! It seriously felt like I was cutting through an umbilical cord...


...so I left the rest for the professional to cut through...ewwww...


16 inches!!!...


Incidentally...Chad was SHOCKED!


Apparently, I had only mentioned in passing that I was getting some bangs. Sometimes I get a little distracted and forget who I told what...tee hee. I mean, I thought he saw all the pictures I took to the salon!

The boys LOVE my new 'do!

Brennan is a little confused though...everyday he asks me if I'm getting new hair!

I LOVE the cut and ironically I got my inspiration from a wig!...funny....

...although...I do not love that I have to actually "do" my hair now...ugh...and that it won't go back into my characteristically messy bun...but it's totally worth it!