She's always been a bit of a dancer...grooving to music even before she could sit up on her own, but now she really digs the tunes! As soon as any sound resembling music begins she stops whatever she's doing and starts dancing...it's very cute and makes me laugh and dance too! She kind of does this thing where her head bobs up and down while her shoulders and torso move forward and backward. During especially high energy songs when she's very
She has recently taken a serious liking to her first "girly" item. Normally she prefers trucks and anything that makes noise...I mean beautiful music. Just look at her with her baby! Humm...does that baby look jaundiced to anyone else?
Her culinary tastes are getting more distinguished. This month Coco ate her first steak cooked on the grill...which she devoured! After we finished eating the meaty deliciousness I was going to introduce her to my FAVORITE dessert ever...roasted marshmallows!!!...but I thought maybe she's a little too young...and they're a little too gooey. Most people know about my obsession with roasted marshmallows...I've even burned myself trying to toast them over the open gas flame on my stove! I obviously get a little out of hand with my addiction...and Chad inevitably has to cut me off when he notices I've eaten almost an entire bag. He knows first hand how I indulge myself then I complain for the next hour that my stomach hurts. Yeah...I'm kind of like a kid. But...I did just find out that you can safely roast marshmallows under the broiler which has opened up all sorts of possibilities for me!
Here are some of my favorite pics from our 11 month photo shoot:
My mom says I used to scrunch up my nose and breathe in and out really fast like she's doing in this picture. The boy's didn't do this when they were her age...it's very funny. I think I've noticed their cousin Marin doing the "nose laugh" as well.Anyway...
We've had a very busy month...as you may be able to tell since I haven't published a post in weeks! I'm the lead singer of a new pop/rock band set to debut sometime in the next month or 2. I've also started rehearsals again with Resounding Joy. We are the opening act for the Cleveland Orchestra's annual show at Tower City Center Thursday, July 2nd. We are singing an hour of Patriotic music...should be pretty cool.
This past month Alex learned his phone number and address...which for a while he thought was @roadrunner.com, and ta-da... he learned how to tie his shoes!...Yeah!! He also started spring soccer and has practice once a week and games every Saturday...and since Chad is the coach, Saturday mornings have become kind of hectic, especially if I have to sing in a funeral or wedding. Chad also just started playing in his annual Golf League which he relishes since he doesn't get adult "fun" time nearly as much as I do.
Brennan has been very busy calling everyone and everything poopy-butt. He substitutes poopy-butt in place of most nouns these days and thinks he is soooooo funny. I really try not to laugh...but come on! We are also starting to recognize his "evil" laugh whenever he has just done something or is about to do something that he knows is wrong. The evil laugh serves as a beacon of sorts and allows us to intercede before he completes his final phase of evilness.
This past month has been full of laughs and excellent weather. Speaking of...
Here are some pics of our recent kite flying adventure:
Let's go fly a kite.
Up to the highest height.
Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring.
Up through the atmosphere.
Up where the air is clear.
Fly a kite!
day is done...